The Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) is the University of Minnesota's enterprise-wide system for securely building and managing online surveys and databases that support data capture for research.
Developed and maintained by Vanderbilt University, the functionality includes the ability to build and manage online surveys and databases with centrally stored data in a MySQL database, web-based randomization, and support for multi-site studies. CTSI's REDCap team provides the following support for University researchers:
- For researchers and study teams on ways in which they can use the tool and tips for using it
- Twice weekly REDCap question and answer sessions to better help users
- Assistance with REDCap set up
- Design web-based interface
- Data extraction for analysis
Associated fees and funding for services
The REDCap system and support is available at no cost to the investigator, study team, or department. Hourly fees do apply for additional assistance from a database statistician/programmer. Learn more on CTSI's website.
Hours are as follows:
- Tuesdays 10-11am
- Thursdays 2-3pm