M Health Fairview
M Health Fairview is the newly expanded collaboration among the University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota Physicians, and Fairview Health Services. The healthcare system combines the best of academic and community medicine -– expanding access to world-class, breakthrough care through our 10 hospitals and 60 clinics.
Research Administration supports all research that includes M Health Fairview patients, staff, resources (IT, data, etc.), and/or facilities.
Education and training
- Regulatory guidance
- Research compliance
- Research billing compliance
- Research tools within the Electronic Health Record (Epic)
Clinical support and navigation
- Facilitates communication and research logistics with clinical units and teams
- Patient recruitment
- Research imaging
- Research labs
- Pharmacy, including Investigational Drugs Services (IDS)
- Clinical staff research education and engagement
- EHR via Epic
- Access to facilities
Budget and billing
- Clinical service pricing (including UMP professional fees and the M Health Fairview Clinical Research Unit)
- Budget development
- Research charge review and billing (including UMP and the M Health Fairview Clinical Research Unit)
- Contract for Professional Services (CPS)
- Purchasing Agreements (when Fairview is asked to purchase research devices for UMN research. This would be in addition to the UMN clinical trial agreement).
Clinical research liaison (Maple Grove)
- A logistical resource for study teams bringing research into M Health Fairview Clinics & Surgery Center- Maple Grove
- Consults with PIs, facilitates connections, and educates study teams on workflow and processes
Review the M Health Fairview website for helpful resources, including: Fairview Research Recruitment Guidelines, Investigational Drug Services (IDS) Pharmacy, requesting external study sponsor monitor access, Non-Fairview Employed Research Staff (NERS) and Fairview Research Pricing Request for Grant Submissions.
Associated fees and funding for services
Generally there are no fees charged to the investigator or department for these services, however there are costs associated with some research recruitment and IDS pharmacy support.
“Fairview Research Administration’s involvement goes far beyond billing for services. We help navigate the logistics of conducting research, and we have the network to communicate with clinical service providers.”
- Sandra Tekman, MLS (ASCP), Fairview Research Administration
Contact us to coordinate access to office hours:
- Mondays 10:30am-2pm
- Wednesdays 8:30am-12:30pm
- Thursdays 10am-2pm
- Fridays 8:30am-12:30pm