Biorepository and Laboratory Services
CTSI's Biorepository and Laboratory Services (BLS) provides centralized specimen support to researchers, including procurement, processing, histology, custodial storage, and imaging services. BLS services are available to all researchers within and outside of the University of Minnesota.
- Collect waste tissue from surgical procedures performed in operating rooms
- Coverage of operating rooms at University of Minnesota Medical Center (UMMC) East Bank, Clinics and Surgery Center (CSC), and Riverside hospitals
- Distribute tissue specimens to study teams as fresh, flash frozen, or FFPE
- If de-identified waste tissue is desired, BLS may be able to provide patient screening and consent (feasibility review required)
- Archival FFPE and frozen tissue available for retrospective studies
- Custodial management of non-infectious tissue specimens in LN2 or at -80C
- Full service histology lab
- Human and non-human research
- Immunohistochemistry and tissue microarray production
- Full tissue slide scanning
Associated fees and funding for services
BLS provides consultations to prospective researchers at no-cost. However, investigators are expected to provide funding for BLS services beyond the initial consultation.
Contact us to coordinate access to office hours:
- By appointment only